Green Tea has long been valued in China for its contribution to good health. Popularity of green tea in the United States continues to grow, showing that green tea is a natural source of antioxidants. These antioxidants help protect the body from accelerated aging and increased risk of diseases. Decades of research show that green tea inhibits the development of undesirable cell colonies, thus making it the healthiest tea available.
Green tea has a higher contribution to health than other teas because of the way it is dried. Green Tea is organically grown and the traditional drying technique used with green tea prevents the tea from the negative effects of fermentation. Green tea products come in potency levels. Some supplements contain low potencies of the active polyphenols, while others go as far as using un-standardized green tea leaf powder.
It has been proven that green tea is bursting with health benefits. It acts as a powerful antioxidant, which has been known to help prevent cancer, recover from the harmful cholesterol, and protect against damage caused by free radicals.
Green tea has many medical benefits, and is known for prevention of the following diseases: cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, high cholesterol, cardiovascular disease, infection and impaired immune function.
- Promotes weight loss – the leaves of green tea plants help raise metabolism in the body. By increasing the amount of calories burned in a 24-hour period, green tea promotes weight loss.
- Prevents bad breath – an element found in green tea decreases the growth of odor-causing bacteria. It is said that drinking a cup or two of green tea may help maintain fresh breath.
- Reduce smoking risks – cigarette smokers who drink up to six cups of green tea daily reduces their susceptibility to risks caused by the toxins emitted in cigarette smoke.
- Beauty remedy – green tea may be used to freshen up the face and sooth tired or strained eyes. It can be applied to spots and blemishes to lessen their visibility.
- Antiseptic properties – Green tea is also known to treat minor cuts and rashes, and is an effective treatment for sunburn.
- Green teas inhibit the expression of antigens made by the body, substances that can trigger an immune response.
The National Cancer Institute reports that green tea has cancer preventing abilities and cancer fighting components add new life to the market. People who have relied on expensive anti-oxidant products are finding that green tea is very economical and all natural. Tea is one of the top selling consumable drinks, only topped by water.