A protein bar doesn’t have to taste like cardboard! Try this recipe & you’ll notice a significant difference than the ones you buy at your grocer!
You know all our products are enriched with Ganoderma. The King of Herbs is a great source of antioxidants, that keeps your system protected against the oxidative damage of free radicals. But, wouldn’t it be great if you could have this antioxidant protection in every meal?! Well, another amazing characteristic about our mushroom is that it has no flavor or aroma and, whether it’s hot or cold, it doesn’t lose any of its health-boosting properties.
Preparation + cooking time: 30 min
Servings: 16 bars
Calories: 2,400 kcal (150 per serving)
- 1 scoop OGX FENIX™ Vanilla
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 T. ground flax seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine OGX FENIX™ Vanilla, quinoa, chia seeds, flax seed, rolled oats, cinnamon, salt, cardamom & chopped raw almonds. Stir to combine.
- In a small, microwave-safe dish, combine raw almond butter, maple syrup & honey. Stir to mix, then microwave for 1 minute to soften.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients & stir with a plastic spatula to thoroughly combined. Wet ingredients may begin to firm up, in which case you will need to use clean hands to knead the mixture together.
- When finished, transfer your mixture to a parchment lined baking dish (An 8 x 8 glass Pyrex™ dish works great!), and pat down mixture with a plastic spatula to make a single, even layer.
- Bake on the middle rack of oven for 15 minutes.
- When finished, remove from oven & let cool for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, remove bars from the pan by lifting up the sides of the parchment paper. Place bars on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Cut finished bars with a sharp, non-serrated knife or pizza cutter.